Search results

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

1. C

hogweed

Wow, they should start using this as a deterrent on the Canada, US border. Keep those drug hungry seniors at bay...
  2. C

Tomato & Cuke Plants

I use bamboo poles for tomatoes like scaffolding. I don't think it works better necessarily, but I like the aesthetics.
  3. C

help me find this plant

Are you planning on making absinthe? This is a wonderful liqueur that has gotten a bad rap for the supposed hallucinogenic properties of wormwood. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Artemisia_absinthium This article says it can be poisonous in high concentrations, but I think it used quite commonly...
  4. C

Fall/Winter Garden

I've got my pumpkins going for the 4 year old, Halloween is her #1 priority in holiday world. Also put in some asparagus for next year.
  5. C

Cant grow strawberries!!

I have always grown mine from sets. In AZ I did have some luck growing seeds from wild berries found at higher elevations.
  6. C

I think Im killing Rosemary!

In Arizona this is practically a weed. Everyone uses it for landscaping in the lower elevations. When I moved to Indianapolis I couldn't get it to grow for love nor money.
  7. C

avacodos

I haven't thought about this in years, this will be a great project for my 4 year old. How did you get the trees to survive in OR?
  8. C

Blueberries?

I have fond childhood memories of blueberry patches in Alaska, just me and the black bears, stuffing our faces...
  9. C

Fig

In my part of the country there are plenty of bees, the problem is that they are of the Africanized hybrid variety. This is usually not a problem but they do tend to be more aggressive and can be harmful to humans and animals that cannot beat a hasty retreat...
  10. C

Mystery Fruit Cocktail Trees

If all else fails maybe your local horticulturist or University Dept of horticulture could answer your question. The bottom line is cobbler, tasty or not?

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back