2011 Bloom's

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Spider_Lily

This is the first bloom of 2011 in my yard.:)

Attachments

• kitty 004.JPG
    kitty 004.JPG
    46.4 KB · Views: 324

Mainegal

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm so jealous. I did get to pull a couple of weeds today that were next to the house...lol
Thanks for sharing

lynpenny

Super Moderator
Staff member
I have noticed some tulips coming up but not much else. thanks for sharing the bloom with the rest of us.

Spider_Lily

I have a few more open today their so pretty and bright.:)I noticed my plum tree budding out to.I sure hope it waits before blooming.We will have another cold snap before Easter.

Maggie

I checked mine again today and they do have buds but I'm sure it will be awhile before they bloom. My tulips and hycinths are up to. My hellebores have blooms on them but they haven't fully opened yet. I want to move my hellebores but I'm afraid it will kill them. I guess I'm going to have to do some research on them and find when is the best time for transplanting them.

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
Maggie
If I remember right the best time is after they send up new growth! Wait until the new foliage ripens, then you can move them! They remind me of peonies! Late summer they are dorment!
They resent moving, but if you have to move them, dig deep and try not to damage too much of the root system!

Last edited:

Gloria

Super Moderator
Staff member
Oh oh, I have some too!! Really surprised to see them so soon this year after all the freezes we've had.
Daffs and Snow drops..

Attachments

• daffs 004 #1.jpg
    daffs 004 #1.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 323

Spider_Lily

Sharing a few more bloom's...:)
Loropetalum , daff's and finally a Camelia bloom from the one I rooted from my brother's bush.

Attachments

• Flowers 2011 001.JPG
    Flowers 2011 001.JPG
    97.1 KB · Views: 310
  • Flowers 2011 002.JPG
    Flowers 2011 002.JPG
    48.7 KB · Views: 334
  • Flowers 2011 003.JPG
    Flowers 2011 003.JPG
    93.7 KB · Views: 311
  • Flowers 2011 006.JPG
    Flowers 2011 006.JPG
    97.7 KB · Views: 333
  • Flowers 2011 008.JPG
    Flowers 2011 008.JPG
    70 KB · Views: 320

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
Thanks for the photos Lily!
With a snow storm on the way for us it's great to see what will eventually happen here when winter finally gives up and leaves!

GardenBear1

Love the flower, can't wait until spring shows up here, snow and rain on its way for the week end, Thanks for the pictures

Maggie

Very pretty Lily. Are you having an early spring? I noticed some little yellow crocus yesterday but it's to cold here today take any pictures.

Spider_Lily

All my Daff's have bloomed and gone except this one.Plum tree's and peach are blooming.This Camellia was planted by my Dad and me when I was a teen.Loooonnnng time ago...LOL

Attachments

• Flowers 2011 003.JPG
    Flowers 2011 003.JPG
    46.2 KB · Views: 330
  • Flowers 2011 005.JPG
    Flowers 2011 005.JPG
    48.4 KB · Views: 316
  • Flowers 2011 008.JPG
    Flowers 2011 008.JPG
    49.1 KB · Views: 317
  • Flowers 2011 012.JPG
    Flowers 2011 012.JPG
    46.8 KB · Views: 314
  • Flowers 2011 013.JPG
    Flowers 2011 013.JPG
    46.2 KB · Views: 315

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com