2018 Wedding Flower Round Up

• Thread starter the garden gate flower company
  • Start date
GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

T

the garden gate flower company

Wedding+flowers+in+Cornwall?format=1000w.jpg

Cornish wedding flowers waiting in our flower studio captured by @holesintheworld

2018 Wedding Flowers in Cornwall

I did a similar post to this a few years ago and although I often wonder if anyone ever reads these blogs (ha does any other feel like this?!), the wedding bouquet round up post had a number of people commenting and so I thought maybe I’d do another this year!

February Bouquet

We kicked off the season early this year and it was rather special for me as it was my oldest friend getting married. Memories of travelling on mattresses down Elisia’s stairs at great speed, long days in tree houses and sleepovers with little sleep. Obviously we grew up and it’s no longer acceptable to get down stairs with only sliding down the banisters but whenever we meet up I’m transported back to childhood memories and that’s a rather special relationship to have.

Elisia’s wedding was so elegant - that grubby kneed girl did good! I combined simply winter blooms of ranunculus and hellebores with jasmine, pittosporum and finished with Lancaster & Cornish’s gorgeous ribbons.

You can see more from Elisia’s beautiful wedding here on the the Wedding Portfolio.

ElisiaDavidLowRes064.jpg

ElisiaDavidLowRes144.jpg

Elisia’s bridal flowers captured by Debs Alexander

March Wedding Flowers

IMG_3388.jpg

IMG_3010.jpg

March again is early in the season for a British flower grower florist and after the shock of snow…..yes snow….in Cornwall!!! At the end of March the temperature picked up and the Spring flowers burst through the soil - it was a relief to find life again. It was lovely to pop back to Cornish Tipi and style the little rowing boat for our March wedding couple. The cherry blossom was in full bloom such a lucky bride.

May Wedding Flowers

Boconnoc+Dorothy+Garden+Styled+Shoot+Low+Res+00028.jpg

ographyBoconnocDorothyGardenStyledShootLowRes00265.jpg

Images captured by Debs Alexander

May is full of that hedgerow vibe and warm days with the grasses blowing in the spring breeze. May 2019 is set to be our busiest month of next year - I love how a trend comes full circle.

June Wedding Flowers

GGD3%28112of182%29.jpg

GGD3%2898of182%29.jpg

Sophies wedding flowers waiting in our workroom - captured by @holesintheworld

I’m hoping to share more from this wedding in the New Year - Sophie married in Rock and had a beautiful plank installation above her tables. I did love how she bucked with the trend and went for a striking black and white ribbon - it looked amazing against the soft fluffy roses.

July Inspiration

July was unseasonably quiet for us - however Cornwall does do this. We seem to be very influenced by the previous year’s weather and therefore with July 2017 being so wet July 2018 was not busy! Little note to brides - it doesn't work like that in Cornwall….if only!!

So here for inspiration we had what brides missed! It was actually lovely to just work in the garden and studio creating new project work with photographer Holes in the World & artist Amanda Hoskins - more will unfold from that project in 2019.

GGD4%2832of76%29.jpg

GGD4%2859of76%29.jpg

GGD4%2854of76%29.jpg

July bowl wedding flower inspiration captured by @holesintheworld

August Wedding

7deabe76-92cd-410f-80a0-81f344f5a827.jpg

dd64bb5d-3222-4e30-8115-163345283884.jpg

72df8176-c904-4692-ae20-f31a15b102cb.jpg

Bethan’s bridal flowers captured by Nick Walker Photography

August saw one of our biggest weddings of the season for a lovely local couple Bethan & Pete at beautiful Boconnoc House. Arrangements were spilling with seasonal flowers and the colour scheme was kept soft and delicate. Thank you Nick Walker for capturing our flowers so well.

September Wedding

IMG_5176+2.jpg

IMG_5177.jpg

Cara’s wedding captured by @saltseaphoto.co

Probably the ultimate privilege is to create a bridal bouquet for another florist and then we did have to giggle when we received the images. Only another florist would style her bouquet with the arm shot!! Thank you Cara you are awesome x.

October Wedding

IMG_6530.jpg

IMG_6533.jpg

IMG_6531.jpg

Susie’s wedding was captured by Liberty Pearl Photo & Film

We finished our main wedding season in late October and headed back to lovely Tredudwell Manor - it’s funny for the past few years we have ended each season at Valeries beautiful home! Large cafe au lait dahlias nestled amongst soft mimosa foliage created such a lovely bouquet to end the season. More from this wedding in the 2019!

December Wedding

So, the December wedding is only a few days away and I’ll be drawing inspiration from Poppy’s beautiful New Year’s eve wedding you can see more from it here. The wedding was captured by the awesome Amy Shore - although I believe she may not be doing so much wedding photography now you should see her Instagram and her love of all things cars it is brilliant.

Gate+Flower+Company+-+Cornish+Florist?format=1000w.jpg

Fun times working on a wedding with Amy Shore Photography

2019 Availability

We have limited availability in Spring, May is fully booked, before anyone else asks! However should some of you laid back couples be getting married in April and have not yet chosen a florist, we do have some dates available.

June we have very few dates available however both July and August are now full. I have recently opened our wedding calendar for September and October but will be stopping our wedding season on the 12 October to allow time to restock and start the next phase of Duchy garden plans.

Wedding Venues Close By

We are so lucky to have so many amazing venues so close by to the flower garden and Cornwall makes for an incredible destination wedding option with beautiful beaches and stunning cliff tops it a wonderful place to celebrate your wedding. If you haven’t already booked your venue for 2019 - whilst you are living by the seat of your pants…. you may find a space if you are lucky. Or is you a couple planning for 2020 check our venues that are close by to us and we have worked at on a number of occasions.

Bocconoc House is our closest venue and we are rather honoured to work at this venue a lot. The setting is breath taking and you will really have to visit to get a true sense of its beauty. You can check out a previous blog on How to Style Boconnoc. If you are planning your wedding I will be part of Boconnoc’s open house wedding event on Saturday 2 March from 10am - 3pm. It would be great to see you there.

Cornish+Wedding+Florist+Near+Boconnoc?format=1000w.jpg

Boconnoc House, Cornwall captured by Imogen Xiana

Tredudwell is another beautiful venue very close by, run by owner, Valerie who has created a wonderful setting for couples to enjoy both indoor and outdoor ceremonies. We recently featured in Cornwall Wed Magazine with a styled collaborative shoot at the venue. We will be sure to share more Tredudwell weddings as this years images are sent in to us.

rnish+Wedding+Florist+near+Tredudwell?format=1000w.jpg

Tredudwell Manor captured by Liberty Pearl Photo & Film

Cornish Tipi is a chance to truly escape and get back to nature. There are tipi’s (obviously), a lake, a pop up cafe and ultimately you can make this site your own and stay up to watch the stars. We have done many weddings here and look forward to returning in 2019.

ish+wedding+florist+near+Cornish+Tipi?format=1000w.jpg

The lake at Cornish Tipi Weddings captured by Sarah Falugo

Nancarrow is a real gem in the countryside and is run by a generational farming family. With emphasis on the provenance of their food, a keen eye for renovation and making their business sustainable for the next generation Nancarrow is a wonderful setting to celebrate and feast with your own family and friends. We have created a number of styled shoots at Nancarrow and had the opportunity to floral a number of weddings.

ornish+Wedding+Florist+near+Nancarrow?format=1000w.jpg

Courtyard table set up at Nancarrow captured by Ross Talling

Merry Christmas

Lastly I’d like to thank all our customers, suppliers, collaborators and followers that have supported us this year and to wish you all a very Merry Christmas and a very Happy New Year.

Mabel and I will be back in the garden in the New Year, in our new home, creating seasonal joy for our 2019 customers.

xx

GGD3%2859of182%29.jpg

GGD3%2863of182%29.jpg

Continue reading...

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back