African Milk Tree

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Flower4Yeshua

Super Moderator & vegemm
Staff member
I have heard of this...don;t know alot about it...would you be so kind to fill me in on it a bit...for one thing is there a zone cut off where it will not make it...I will try and read up on my own...but always nice to have the information right here on the site...thanks...just may have to take you up on the offer...:)

sfishergirl

This information comes from the plant files at Dave's Garden for me it is a house plant

African Milk tree/ Euphorbia trigona

Family: Euphorbiaceae (yoo-for-bee-AY-see-ee)
Genus: Euphorbia (yoo-FOR-bee-uh)
Species: trigona (try-GOH-nuh)

Category:
Cactus and Succulents

Height:
6-8 ft. (1.8-2.4 m)

Spacing:
24-36 in. (60-90 cm)

Hardiness:
USDA Zone 11: above 4.5 °C (40 °F)

Sun Exposure:
Full Sun
Sun to Partial Shade
Light Shade

Danger:
All parts of plant are poisonous if ingested
Handling plant may cause skin irritation or allergic reaction

Bloom Color:
White/Near White

Bloom Time:
N/A

Foliage:
Bronze-Green

Other details:
Drought-tolerant; suitable for xeriscaping

Soil pH requirements:
6.1 to 6.5 (mildly acidic)
6.6 to 7.5 (neutral)
7.6 to 7.8 (mildly alkaline)

Patent Information:
Non-patented

Propagation Methods:
From herbaceous stem cuttings

Dale

Super Moderator
Staff member
I would love a couple of cutting please. Never heard of before, sounds very interesting.

Flower4Yeshua

Super Moderator & vegemm
Staff member
I would like to get a cutting from you....Shall I send you the packing and the postage?
Send me a PM

Treva

Please!

Oh I would LOVE a cutting!!!!
Please take a look at my site to see if i have anything you would like?

plantlover

Oh boy! Me too!

I would love one, too! I love Euphorbia, and I love succulents. How large does it grow for you as a houseplant? Are you looking for anything in particular for trade, or will postage do? :)

cassiegerald

Hi Sfishergirl..do you still have any cuttings left of your African Milk Tree and if you do would you do for postage,,i would appreciate it so very much,,and thank you for your kindness,,,take care God bless you and your loved ones,,Cassie

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com