All Things Lenten Rose

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Giardini

Thought I'd throw this new Thread out there for all of the Lenten Rose lovers.

Mine are starting to put on new growth. It's the first phase of the new perennial cycle. I call it the foliage phase. Flower phase comes next, in a couple of months. Can't wait.

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
Welcome aboard Giardini!
You joined the right forum!
Love Helleborus!
I had to leave a few behind when I had to move from the city to here on the shores of Lake Erie!
Been wondering if there are any that would grow in very sandy soil?

Giardini

Thanks for the Welcome

Thanks for the welcome everyone. I do have pictures.....let's see how easy it is to upload....? OK, easy.

I only grow h.Orientalis.......a bit of an obsession. I've been growing them since about '93.....1995? I have 10's of thousands of them and it's so beautiful around here in Feb/Mar.

Attachments

• FrontPorchBed.jpg
    FrontPorchBed.jpg
    160.8 KB · Views: 348
  • MatureBed_Lenten_Roses.JPG
    MatureBed_Lenten_Roses.JPG
    185.2 KB · Views: 334
  • DSC_0178.jpg
    DSC_0178.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 359
  • TrophyLentenRose.jpg
    TrophyLentenRose.jpg
    199 KB · Views: 358

Kya D

OMGosh that is a wonderful garden of hellebours
I love them, but I only have a few plants. We don't have much shade in our yard.
Welcome to our family it is great to have you here

Maggie

Those are beautiful. I've never seen so many hellebours in one place. They are very pretty.

curbhopper

Mine began a wee weak years ago and now it is huge. We have such crummy soil in MD (clay) and yet this plant thrives for me. I love it! ~ Curbie :)

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com