Amount of loam for raised beds

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Melsyboo

Hi all. I am confused on how much loam I need for my raised garden beds. I have seen different results from loam calculators online. I am planning 3 raised beds. Each one measures 6x4 and 8" deep. Can anyone determine the correct amount of loam needed? The last calculator I used told me about 1.8 yards..I imagine getting it delivered is cheaper than buying individual bags. Thanks for the help!

Hi and welcome I am so glad you have joined us.
The most important thing here is to have fun learn lots and ENJOY!!!!!!
ps sorry but I don't know anything bout loam

I figure it would take about a half a yard per raised bed. It is 2 yards long by 1.3 yards wide by a little less than .2 yards deep. That comes out to be .52 yards, but the depth is really 2/9ths deep not 2/10ths so it's a little less than a half yard.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back