Any Garden Crafts??

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

I'm saving this info for when we get our taxes back. Gonna remind hubby who was to blame for my computer crashing in the first place... (a little blackmail never hurt, right?) lol

New craft

Here is something that hubby made yesterday and I was wondering what everyone thinks about it. He wants me to try and sell them at the flea market.
The boots don't go with them. I made those up, he just thought they would look cute beside it.

Attachments

• newcraft.jpg
    newcraft.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 332
Ms T Pick me Pick me those are just the cutest thing ever. I can't imagine that the won't sell they are really darling.

I agree they should sell like hot cakes. If I lived closer, I would buy a couple.
If it's not too forward to ask, what are you going to sell them for?

I agree they should sell like hot cakes. If I lived closer, I would buy a couple.
If it's not too forward to ask, what are you going to sell them for?

Well I said $35 but hubby said try $40 first and see how people react and then go from there. He also made a chair planter that I will get a picture tomorrow and he is going to make a bench planter too.

Those are cute. What type of wood is that Bass or clear pine? Hard to tell from here. At $35-$40 are you going to make any money?

Well the wood is treated pine that was ripped down from 4X4's that we have had in the garage for a couple of years. He was just playing around. Today we are going to the store to see how much the wood will cost if we didn't rip down. All of the ripping takes a lot of time and hubby said if he didn't have to do that would be a lot easier to make. I think I paid $23 for the 3 10' 4X4's a couple years ago so we would make our money back on just the one and he also made the chair planter out of the same post. I will get a picture of that one here soon.

Chair Planter

This is the chair planter. I was thinking this would go for $25. What do you think?

Attachments

• cplanter.jpg
    cplanter.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 326
My gosh T those are just the cutest. I can't imagine that you will have any trouble selling them at that price.

I don't think you will have any trouble selling them at those prices. I think that is pretty cheap for all of them.

He just made one of each to see if they would sell. If they do he will make more. But I was thinking about getting a woodburning kit and adding "Welcome Friends", or putting birds or butterflies on them to decorate them up more. What do you think?

I like them plain but you should do both. What talent! These are cuter than ones I've seen in garden centers for triple that price.

I think your prices are fine. They're unique items, too. That should boost your sales. Maybe instead you could offer personalized painted writing on them. Some of the crafters around here do that instead so they don't have to worry about electricity. You could still do the decorative work on them if you wished to and then add that at the market.

Got a new one!

This is an outhouse planter. Was thinking $55 for this one because it takes longer to make. The mock toilet paper was my idea but the toilet seat was his.

Attachments

• outh.jpg
    outh.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 329
  • outh1.jpg
    outh1.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 334

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back