Any one ever tried GA3 for seed germination

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Annette99

Gardens North sells this product, fairly cheap I think. Gibberellic acid for germinating seeds. It is supposed to trigger germination in seeds that would otherwise remain dormant. It promotes growth and elongation of plant cells. I ordered some, will let you know.

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gardens North sells this product, fairly cheap I think. Gibberellic acid for germinating seeds. It is supposed to trigger germination in seeds that would otherwise remain dormant. It promotes growth and elongation of plant cells. I ordered some, will let you know.

Hey Annette!
I was thinking of ordering some too!
Not all seeds need the acid treatment!
Let me know how it goes!

I've been busy winter sowing quite a few species that require the freeze thaw cycle!
I am aiming at starting my own perennial business this spring.
Do you have any pointers that might be helpful?

Annette99

I haven't had much luck through the years with seeds that need to be warmed for 4 weeks, then chilled for 12 weeks and then warmed again, hope this will help. Thanks for the inquiries.

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
I can relate Annette!
In the past I usually purchased only species that require warmth.
This year I'm getting into ones that require weeks/months of cold!
Then there are the ones that need cold then warmth then cold and finally warmth!
I'm staying away from the ones that need a few week of cold then warmth..... or a very long period of warmth
It can get confusing!
I have dozens of species outside in ziplock bags burried in the snow, others with the pots open to the snow....
I have one pot of pesimmons seeds Diospyrus virginiana in a ziplock in the fridge because they will rot if placed outdoors....
I may just order some GA3!
I hate losing seeds waiting for them to do their thing only to find that rotted!

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com