Any one know what

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Kya D

Please help me ID this reseeding annual
I got the seed from my daughter.
I know this isn't a great pic but maybe someone knows.

Attachments

• flowers 037.jpg
    flowers 037.jpg
    122.5 KB · Views: 285

Jade

My first thought was asters too, there are both perennial and annual asters. That one looks like the annual, the perennials are much taller.

Kya D

Aster? maybe... these get about 8 inches tall and bloom from july til frost.
It's not purple dome the petals are more blunt and wider (about 1/4 inch) than the asters that I have.
I will try to get a different pic.

Jade

If it is an annual aster the flowers would be a bit larger and the leaves a bit bigger and it wouldn't get nearly as tall as the perennials.

K

Kale

Here you go my Asters.. Perennials.

Kale:)

Attachments

• Aster09.jpg
    Aster09.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 259
  • Aster 108 09.jpg
    Aster 108 09.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 256

Melissa

Nice...that does have a different petal on it...I like!! Will look around and if I find it, will let you know...very pretty!!!

K

Kale

Tell me about it! Mi blues are here so just keeping focused on several things until I get bored them; will just add more*LOL What do you think that plant is? Look like an aster to me. A better pic would be most helpful though...

Kale:)

Melissa

Kya D, I was flipping through the new T & M catalog that came today and I saw something that looks very much like your picture. Check out Brachycombe...aka...Swan River Daisy.

Last edited:

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com