Anybody knows

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Crabbergirl

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hmmmm never made them from scratch. I wonder if you googled vegitarin recipes if you could find one. I will look when I have time but if you find one will you post it here for us? ;)

Flower4Yeshua

Super Moderator & vegemm
Staff member
also never made from scratch...I have looked and look for a good and easy way to do. but alwasy go back to ready made. hope someone posts one ...looking forward to finding one

Spider_Lily

I found this one sound's good.
Veggie Burger

2 teaspoons olive oil
1 small onion, grated
2 cloves crushed garlic
2 carrots, shredded
1 small summer squash, shredded
1 small zucchini, shredded
1 1/2 cups rolled oats
1/4 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
1 egg, beaten
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
Directions
1.Heat the olive oil in a skillet over low heat, and cook the onion and garlic for about 5 minutes, until tender. Mix in the carrots, squash, and zucchini. Continue to cook and stir for 2 minutes. Remove pan from heat, and mix in oats, cheese, and egg. Stir in soy sauce, transfer the mixture to a bowl, and refrigerate 1 hour.
2.Preheat the grill for high heat.
3.Place the flour on a large plate. Form the vegetable mixture into eight 3 inch round patties. Drop each patty into the flour, lightly coating both sides.
4.Oil the grill grate, and grill patties 5 minutes on each side, or until heated through and nicely browned.

You can replace the Cheddar cheese with Monterey Jack or any other cheese you like. If you prefer, you may use a 1.4 ounce packet of brown broth in place of the soy sauce."

GardenBear1

SL, I have the same recipe but mine calls for corn flakes to coat the patties with and I like to pan fry mine in a little veg oil

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com