Anyone use a SMOKER?

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

shinekeeper

Do any of you make summer sausage, bologna, goetta, etc? Use a smoker? All the recipes and techniques seem to be pretty much the same. Tell me some of your recipes if you wanna share them...

Flower4Yeshua

Super Moderator & vegemm
Staff member
We do and love it...I have a great book with some wonderful recipes...will have to dig it out and post some ...my favorite to do it salmon....YUMMY

Randy

Super Moderator
Staff member
I don't do any of those. The last time I used my smoker (last summer) I smoked a couple of racks of ribs. The ribs are baked the day before in the oven and chilled afterward. Several hours or the day after, you brush your sauce on the ribs and smoke them for two or three hours. I use apple wood for the smoking as we have enough trees, I can just snag a branch and cut it up for the smoker.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com