Apple pie ??

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

GardenBear1

I need help I lost my recipe book or missed place it :mad:, I need to bake a 9inch apple pie for a dinner party and I can't remember how to make one, it was a easy one the same one my Grammy used and I could make it in the morning and have it for dinner,I've looked on line for one but most of them take to much time. I know how to make the crust that's the easy part.so if any one would care to share there recipe it would be appreciated (sp ?) and you would help save the day.
Thanks for any help you guys can give me :D

I use this recipe for my apple pies it quick and so easy.
2 pie crust
6 cups apples thinly sliced
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup cornstarch
1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg
1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
1 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup brown sugar
pinch of salt
margarine or butter

preheat oven to 350 degreee

mix all dry ingredients in a large bowl, add apples and toss until apples are coated
pour into pie crust, dot margarine over top and cover with 2nd pie crust. Cut slits in top of crust.

To get a good even brown I beat an egg white until it starts to foam a little and brush over top of the crust and sprinkle a tsp. sugar over top. I sprinkle a little sugar over the first pie crust to, before I add the apple mixture.

Bake for 1 hour 30 minutes, if edges of the crust start to get to brown cover edges with aluminum foil.

Thanks Maggie, I'm going to be baking on wed so I'll make a pie or 2 its looks like it is easy to make Thanks for your help

Maggie, A big thanks you for your recipe it turned out great and every one loved it, it will before ever known as Maggie's apple pie. I thanks you again for all your help

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back