Artificial ground cover for a mold prone area

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

bradleyheathhays

I've got about a 6' x 12' area that gets no sun at all and nothing has ever grown there other than things that have creeped in like vines or whatever, so it's basically just dirt. I'd like to do something quick and easy like lay down some weed mat and mulch, but the tree that's rooted in the area develops a mold problem if the ground surface isn't kept clear of leaves (meaning wet conditions) so I'm concerned that anything I put down will do the same.

Any ideas what I can do with this ground to make it look more civilized? I'm open to almost anything. Thanks.

PS. This is not the same ground area as mentioned in a previous thread of mine.

Since I need to make that area look good quickly I'll probably just throw a thin layer of mulch down for now and possibly work in some plants when the weather's better.

I've been suggested both moss and Clover. Any thoughts on either of these?

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back