Autumn Flowering Cherry Revival

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Adamgrey80

I have an autumn flowering cherry tree that was originally planted in spring 2017. I transplanted it to a different spot in the same bed in September 2020. Unfortunately, I did not properly transplant enough of the root structure and all of the leaves fell off a week after transplanting. I thought the tree was completely dead until it flowered this spring (2021), but obviously not anywhere close to as full as it was in previous years. It has put out some leaves since the spring, maybe 10% it’s previous foliage. I cut off some of the obviously dead branches a week ago to help the tree direct its energy to living growth. I figured it would just grow at a reduced capacity and come around to its previous health eventually, but now some of the few leaf clusters it has are starting to die (see attached pictures) and I am concerned that it won’t pull through. What can I do to help it survive?

Attachments

• IMG_9806.jpg
    IMG_9806.jpg
    672.3 KB · Views: 159
  • IMG_9807.jpg
    IMG_9807.jpg
    487.3 KB · Views: 158
  • IMG_9808.jpg
    IMG_9808.jpg
    505 KB · Views: 153

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back