Avocado Oil

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

swindy

I just read an article on Avocado oil and the benefits of using it as a cooking and salad oil. It seems it is much better for you then even olive oil. The article stated that avocado oil has twice as much Lutin which is a nutrient that protects against Macular Degeneration, which is the major cause of blindness in older people. It helps you absorb 17 times more carotenoids.
It is one of the richest sources of monounsaturated fats on the planet, which are healthy fats that help lower insulin.
It also has a high flash point of 500* making it safer cooking at high temps.
You can find it at Target under the name of Olivado, I am going to look for it today and try it out.

swindy

I haven't found the avocado oil. I willl continue to look for it, and let your know how it is as soon as I find it.

Crabbergirl

Super Moderator
Staff member
I will be looking for it as well. Thanks Sharon for sharing that with us. Always looking to stay healthier!

Flower4Yeshua

Super Moderator & vegemm
Staff member
WOW!!! Once place in all of Oregon...and I pass this place when I go to Randy's from my chiropactors...will have to stop by and take a look
Duck Pond Cellers - Dundee - Oregon

Mainegal

Super Moderator
Staff member
There is a dollar coupon on the site too, our local grocery store carries it so will have to print the coupon and check it out sometime
thanks for the link sandi

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com