Baby bunnies

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Annette99

Last Saturday my fiance discovered baby bunnys in one of my gardens, each of my gardens are fenced due to kids and dogs. I have lived here for 25 years and never had bunnies, I put a chair over their hole, as we are having a good rain tonite, have been feeding them grated carrots, which they are eating,they are also mowing down all the perennials that are coming up, not a problem, I have alot, any suggestions would be appreciated. They are the size of raquetballs.

That's so cool Annette! I like that too and do all I could to raise them even though I wouldn't want them in my garden. Do you have pics??

I found this baby wren in my hydrangia yesterday. He must have been trying his wings for the first time. You have to click on the thumbnail to see him hiding in the leaves.

Attachments

• wren.jpg
    wren.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 332
  • wren2.jpg
    wren2.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 331
  • wren3.jpg
    wren3.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 331
I found two nests in my yard this year. Three babies in each nest. I posted a picture earlier but here it is again for those that may not have seen it.

picture.php

If your bunnies are out feeding it won't be long before they begin leaving. They don't usually stay together in family units once they are mature. Sounds like you are enjoying them as much as they are your hospitality. I had a nest about 100 ft from my garden. They have ventured off I still see them but only Mom is still at the origianl nest site. She will most likely raise another clutch of babies and again bring them to the garden. Right now she is defoliating my violets and every time a bean gets new leaves she eats them. However in return she is fertilizing the garden for me:D

That's an interesting find Annette..i think you could put them in a cage, that way you're sure they'll be protected from predators and harsh weather. just remember to feed them regularly

I found rabbits a big problem in gardening, they act like rat's and like eating most anything green, mostly new growth. Not willing to shoot them or trap them. We finally had a red fox move in, no more rabbits.

Thank heaven we only have Jack rabbits and they are pretty scared of everything and don't mess with the gardens much at all.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back