Baked Sliced Eggplant

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

curbhopper

I hope this is the 'right way' to post a recipe.

1 eggplant (duh)
1/3 cup melted butter
salt and pepper to taste, into bread crumbs

Peel and cut eggplant crosswise (bet you could make it length wise too). Brush with butter
Dip into bread crumbs

Bake uncovered on a greased baking sheet (cookie tray with Pam).
450° oven < for 8 minutes.

Good luck. we love it baked, not soggy with tomato sauce. :)
Curbie

bob

Administrator
Staff member
Curbie, I've split your post off by itself, so it's easy to find, rather than being hidden in the refried beans thread. If we do a new post for each dish, with the dish name at the top, it will be quick and easy to find them again later.

But other than that, the recipe is fine. There's no set format, whatever you think suits the dish best is fine. Some will be very specific, others more general, that's all OK.

Crabbergirl

Super Moderator
Staff member
Well Duh! I was just posting along and then when I read this I thought , "oh ding bat, that's how you do it. I reposted my recipies so they show independently. LOL!

bob

Administrator
Staff member
Well Duh! I was just posting along and then when I read this I thought , "oh ding bat, that's how you do it. I reposted my recipies so they show independently. LOL!

No worries, it's a new idea and so folks have to figure out how things work. Once we've got some sample recipes posted, it will be a lot more obvious.

BTW, if anyone else has posted a recipe that should be in its own discussion, rather than tacked on to another one, just drop me a note via PM. I can easily go in and move it, so you won't need to copy and paste it etc.

curbhopper

HOW do you have time to do all of this stuff, Bob? AMAZing to me. "Oh, I'm a photographer. Oh, I design websites." Isn't it nice we're all so gifted in many different ways. God bless (wrong thread) eggplant! And all of our cyber friends who help us every day :). Thanks ~ Crubster :)

Crabbergirl

Super Moderator
Staff member
Bob,
Thanks , this is great.
I think individual post are a great idea. I was worried we didn't have enough space for that.

bob

Administrator
Staff member
Curbie, I'm self-employed and do consulting work, so I don't typically work a 40 hour week.

I end up combining a variety of jobs to try and generate income. Some do pretty well, such as my engineering work, others, like this place, not so much. :)

bob

Administrator
Staff member
Bob,
Thanks , this is great.
I think individual post are a great idea. I was worried we didn't have enough space for that.

We've got plenty of room for it, the individual theads don't add much space at all. They're text based, so they're tiny, one photo takes more room than hundreds of discussions.

The important thing is to make it easy to use. By having a thread for each item, you can find the recipe you're looking for by picking the category and then scanning the titles. Should work reasonably well.

Crabbergirl

Super Moderator
Staff member
Is working excelent! Thank you . It is a great time of year to do thia as well. You know us cooks, we love the holidays!

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com