Bamboo for Beginners

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

No Bamboo here it take's over fast.Hard to get rid of.I have a friend who planted a small area with it.It has taken over her yard.She has sprayed it dug it and still come's back.

I have my bamboo in a huge. I am going to divide it into 2 pots this year. It is an invasive here as well but when kept in pots, and not let to get root bound it behaves nicely. It withstands the cold well and can be used as a screen in areas that are hard to cover otherwise. The bear is going to be dividing it.

No Bamboo here it take's over fast.Hard to get rid of.I have a friend who planted a small area with it.It has taken over her yard.She has sprayed it dug it and still come's back.

Ouch! I never plant bamboo without a 30" deep rhizome barrier around it. But there is a method I heard that works. When shoots pop up, cut the tops off and pour Round-Up into the culms. It still takes 3-5 years but it finally kills it. :)

Another thing. Never try to grow Moso bamboo in a pot. It's roots are so tuff they can actually crash through ceramic pots! :eek:

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back