Bamboo Orchids

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

GardenBear1

I have a few new plants and I even picked up some Bamboo Orchids and ground orchid, I want to grow them in pots but not sure what they need for food, I hope the don't grow to big too fast that I can't keep them in a pot that can be mover into the house come winter, now to find some one to blame for me buying more plants :rolleyes:

Hortman

Hello, GardenBear1. Ken here with The Home Depot in the Chicago area.
It’s been awhile since your original post and no one has answered. You have
probably gotten some information already, but if not, here goes.
There are two ways to go about fertilizing an orchid. The first is an
all-purpose like 18-18-18. You can use it all year round. The second is
grow and bloom food. Feed it the grow food during the non-blooming time
and bloom during the bloom period. All these should be a water-soluble fertilizer.
Use them as directed. Good luck with your orchids and here is a link to help.
http://www.ehow.com/how_6496084_care-bamboo-orchid.html

jmsadare

I have many types of orchid flowers are pink, purple or white narcissus bamboo orchid way to cast a pleasant fragrance. This offsets the fact that the flowers are short lived when cut and therefore not normally used in the agreements. The leaves, however, have greater longevity and a large crown of leaves that fill a lot.

epiphyte

Are they the same as terrestrial orchids?

I think I have something similar growing on my balcony & inside an aquarium tank filter

img9313medium.jpg

img0352medium.jpg

They actually root in the dirt, but I don't know if they have an epiphytic growth form, the ones in water seem to be thriving also.

Post some pics!

Crabbergirl

Super Moderator
Staff member
Ground orchids are the same.
Here's mine in orange. It is planted outside in the ground. In fact I have 6 of them.

Attachments

• 011 (800x530).jpg
    011 (800x530).jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 512

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com