Bee's

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

GardenBear1

early this morning I was out in the garden walking around with my cup of tea and found lots of bees, lots more than I had last year, they stayed around until about 10:00am when it started to get hot, I hope this means that there coming back in larger numbers and that they will grow to fill my gardens like they used to about 3 years ago

I haven't had any shortage of them here. I am always in very close proximity with the bumblebees when I am picking beans and they are doing what bees do with the blossoms.

Lots of honey bees here, as well as a few species of bumble bees!
I like the large bumbles, they always want to check me out when I'm in the garden! They are just curious! They nest in mouse holes!
The honey bees have a hive across the road on the farmer's property! They love all the white clover on the lawns!

I have plenty of bumble bees but this is the first year that the honey bees are very few. This worries me. We don't don't use chemical pesticides because of damaging the bee population but the big time farmers probably use a lot of them considering they farm for a living and harmful bugs and worms could wipe out entire crops. Unforunately the bees suffer. Maybe farmers should be required to farm a few bee hives to re-populate what they kill off???

I see a lot of bee hives that are hauled to the farms to aid in the pollenation. I was out at my friend's farm a couple of weeks ago and I saw about 20 to 30 hives alongside his blueberry fields. I don't think he uses any pesticides though.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back