Begonia repotting

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Ohiogardener41

I purchased this begonia at Longwood Gardens several years ago. I keep it in a pot outdoors in the summer and under lights in the winter. This spring I discovered that ants had been nesting in the pot. After killing the ants, I repotted but the plant has not rebounded. Most of the top of the pot is covered with this very woody stem (?), or is it corm? Should this part of the plant be under the soil or stay above? Any suggestions about how to revive this lovely begonia would be appreciated.

Attachments

• 8193A528-4D7C-4D7A-B5C2-8F3870CDB121.jpeg
    8193A528-4D7C-4D7A-B5C2-8F3870CDB121.jpeg
    482.8 KB · Views: 133

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back