Begonia

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Spider_Lily

My daughter gave me a beautiful begonia for Mother's Day.This morning when I got up half of it was lying in the floor.I thought it was healthy and doing well.I use one of those water globe's it water's as needed .I didn't think it was to wet or dry.But the limb's looks to be rotted off at the soil base.I still have one half left.What to do to save it? It's not in direct sun but by the window for good light.Sure hate to loose it.

kinnika

Spider Lily, remove the globe as it is way to wet. If you have any new planting soil replant it and do not water for quite some time. Begonias do not like water on their feet at all. Make sure it is a well draining medium.

Spider_Lily

Spider Lily, remove the globe as it is way to wet. If you have any new planting soil replant it and do not water for quite some time. Begonias do not like water on their feet at all. Make sure it is a well draining medium.

Thank's Kinnika I will repot it this afternoon.Sure hope I don't loose it.:)

Crabbergirl

Super Moderator
Staff member
Take the dropped stems and put them in a glass of water. They will root and you will have more plants. Funny they will root in water but will not do well in wet soil. I let mine dry all the way out before watering.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com