Best practice for decaying leaf

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

prr

Just repotted a zebra plant. It has been struggling the last day (since I repotted it).

I noticed a leaf that has the last inch of the tip, kind of bent over and discolored.

Would the plant be better off if I trimmed it off? Or should I let the plant try to heal it?

Hi Paul!
Just prune it off!
Guess zebras are sensitive to repotting. Be careful on how much water you give it for a few days....it should recover.

They may be sensitive, or it might just be that I repotted it too early. I put it in a nice, large pot, and then went back and read that you said that I should repot when "all I see" was roots. I think I saw one long one, maybe 1.5 inches, and a couple of tiny ones. So maybe I jumped the gun there.

Anyways, it is looking a bit better. If I had a video camera I would like to put it on plants like this. I'm sure I could see a difference if I played it back at 10x speed, or maybe 20x. The leaves don't look as droopy as they did a day ago.

Ok, so that was what you did...
It wasn't ready for repotting......
That is funny, but since it is done the plant has adjusted.....:)

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back