Bird pictures

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Maggie

Thought I would post some pictures of birds in my yard. It was to cold to go outside so I took them through the window while watching them.

Attachments

• misc[10].jpg
    misc[10].jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 350
  • misc[11].jpg
    misc[11].jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 343
  • misc[18].jpg
    misc[18].jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 345
  • misc[16].jpg
    misc[16].jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 342
  • misc[12].jpg
    misc[12].jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 332
Great pics Girl
I wish we had cardinals but alas we don't.
I really love the dove... we used to have mourning doves but no, a few years ago we got collared doves they are far more aggressive and drove the mourning doves away

Oh Maggie,
I love the cardinals. I have a deck outside my bedroom doors and I always feed the birds there. Tim just built me a new bird feeder and filled it with black oil sunflower seeds. We have had the greatest show the last few days. I love to watch them feed each outher. We have juveniles as well as adults right now.
Great pictures, keep them coming!

Oh Laurie you are so lucky to get to go there. I checked out the site. I would love that place. Have fun, take pics and share with us.

We have bald eagles around here along with ospreys. I have seen golden eagles in the eastern part of the state.

It was a very busy day on the lake!
A pair of Wite Swans paid us a visit which swam around with hundreds of Canada Geese, Mallards and Buffleheads!
Further down the lake there were even more....Lost count after 500!!!!

Attachments

• 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 337
  • 012.jpg
    012.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 327
  • 010.jpg
    010.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 328
  • 008.jpg
    008.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 338
  • 009.jpg
    009.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 337
I don't believe I have ever seen a bufflehead except in pictures. They are in the diving duck class. We have some divers come through but mostly on the coast. We get canvasbacks and redheads inland and a few others. Mostly we get puddle ducks (mallards, widgeon, pintails, etc.). Lake Erie is a big puddle.

Saw a golden eagle and a couple of bald eagles today at the rehab center, will post a couple of pics in the am once i download them, been trying to make an album and post it on facebook but having a hardtime so giving up tonight

We have lots of junco, chickadees and female goldfinches. They eat most of the sunflowers seeds in one day. I have a feeder by my kitchen door. When they are feeding, I say, "Mi-Mi birdies" and she comes running.

Been watching huge flocks of Redhead and Canvasback ducks on the lake since this morning! They are diving ducks and catch small fish!
The lake is really rough with a good surf and the waves don't bother them at all!
There's a good hundred, or so, of them!
Hard to count them since they are constantly diving under!
There has been huge groups of geese, buffleheads and mallards for the last couple of days!
It's odd that the redheads and canvasbacks are still around, they normally fly south!
Buffleheads normally spend the winter on the lake as do the mallards and geese and swans if the winters are not severe!!

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 374
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 355
  • 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 364
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 338
Great pics Ron and Maggie, so different to the birds over here. Thanks for sharing them :) Couple of visitors to my yard....

Attachments

• 256.jpg
    256.jpg
    191.2 KB · Views: 366
  • 011.jpg
    011.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 368
Darn I should of posted the eagle pics in this thread and not in the everything else thread....

Hopefully this will post. Here is an eagles nest that I saw today with 2 eagles in it, wished I had a bigger zoom lens than what I have, maybe someday when I get rich...... darn it doesn't show up as a thumbnail, wished the regular pic would post but it wouldn't

Attachments

• eagle nest.jpg
    eagle nest.jpg
    9.4 KB · Views: 328
I have seen some of those huge lenses that I covet, but I don't have the justification to spend that much money for them. I have one that goes up to 200mm and that one will have to do me.

"Lake Erie is a big Puddle".

Yes it is a BIG puddle and that's putting it mildly. I've only seen it during the winter when it was frozen but it was spectacular to me, a born and raised Floridian. Great pics. We don't have a lot of the birds whose pics I've seen posted down here in South Fl. but we do have some great species like Wood Storks (seeing more and more of those lately as they seem to be making a comeback), Sandhill Cranes, Rosy Spoonbills, Painted Buntings, Parrots, Parakeets, Eagles, Ospreys to name a few. And that is just a few. There's a preserve we go to where you drive thru miles of woods and see all kinds of wildlife. We usually don't even see any other people when we are there. It's great.

You got something against people? LOL I'm just teasing you here as I know the sensation of total solitude. My experience though was in our western mountains far away from the noise pollution of the cities. What a sensation to sit and listen to whatever birds are about and nothing, absolutely nothing, else.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back