Birds and Snow

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Bluewolf

These are in no particular order...

Attachments

• downy.jpg
    downy.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 324
  • downy2.jpg
    downy2.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 328
  • feeder.jpg
    feeder.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 328
  • feeders.jpg
    feeders.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 314
  • jay.jpg
    jay.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 343

Bluewolf

These were all taken from my office window

Attachments

• juvie.jpg
    juvie.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 313
  • maggie.jpg
    maggie.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 318
  • porch.jpg
    porch.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 337
  • red.jpg
    red.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 319
  • tree.jpg
    tree.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 329

Maggie

Oh my goodness look at the snow. I know there are people that like snow, but I'm not one of them. I do have to say that it is beautiful tho' and your pictures are so pretty. It looks like a winter wonderland. Thanks for sharing.

swindy

Well Maggie If you don't like snow you sure wouldn't be happy with the 24"s I woke up to this morning.

Blueaussi

What great pictures! So, Wolfie, do you have to take out a second mortgage to fill all those feeders? I wish I could put up a feeder or two, but the cats are still young and avid hunters.

Bluewolf

What great pictures!

Thanks, I seem to do well with low light and alot of snow
I'm still learning tho..but I have alot more time to practice now..

So, Wolfie, do you have to take out a second mortgage to fill all those feeders?

:p Ha Ha Ha No Sweetie not yet!!! luckily when I was still working I had stocked up food it goes down in price come March and with my employee discount (and knowing the department manager) I got about 200 lbs of food for real cheap and when I lost my job in May..I "rationed" it out I don't put out as much during summer because they can find food of their own
but I kept enough out to keep them coming back "Big Red" is my only constant bird but he is very spoiled

I just filled them completly up last week and that will last for a while and then I onl;y put in about a 4th every so often to help it last
just have to restock suet cakes/plugs/nuggets but right now they are really cheap
I should be able to make what I have last till spring..and by next year I should have a game plan as to how I can keep feeding them..

I wish I could put up a feeder or two, but the cats are still young and avid hunters.

My feeders are out in the front yard..and Moochie isn't allowed to "free range" in the front
but she does try to get at them thru the window here in the office

Maybe if you get one of the really tall sheperds hooks? or maybe hang one or two from a tree?

Blueaussi

I watched my boy cat Fiddler making an effortless standing jump straight up about 4 or 5 feet in the air and smack a dragon fly between his paws. It was impressive, and I decided then we would wait until he mellowed a bit before putting any feeders out.

I feel guilty on cold mornings, but I have a neighbor down the street who puts out several feeders, so I rationalize that she's taking up my slack. And I can look at your pictures!

Bluewolf

uumm yeah..I guess that won't work...

you could always sprinkle some "scratch" on the ground.Fiddler isn't outside all day is he?

The birdies could get nummies that away....
and wouldn't be so inclined to hang out to long like they do with feeders

There will definitly be more pics..This is pretty much all I do during the winter..pics of birds and snow/ice and If I get new toys..but this year I won't be getting any new toys...
just not in the cards this year..Heck I don't even think BF realizes what tommorrow is...(he didn't remember what yesterday was) but that's O.K. I guess I just don't really feel like celebrating anything let alone being reminded of them

I am hopeing that 2010 will be a better year and a start to a better decade...
There was an article in todays paper about this past decade being refered to as the "Decade of H*ll" and I have to agree with that 100% history wise and personally...:(

Last edited:

Maggie

Well Maggie If you don't like snow you sure wouldn't be happy with the 24"s I woke up to this morning.

No No No. We had flurries with snow on top of buildings and a scattering on the ground. It didn't last long which made me very happy. I like to see pictures but don't want to be anywhere near it. Back in my younger days I loved it.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com