birds and tree rats

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

rosy

they are hungry this time of year I share with them all

Attachments

• resized 46.jpg
    resized 46.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 320
  • 0resized61.jpg
    0resized61.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 331
  • 67.jpg
    67.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 328
  • resized 45.jpg
    resized 45.jpg
    157.8 KB · Views: 318
  • resized62.jpg
    resized62.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 333

Flower4Yeshua

Super Moderator & vegemm
Staff member
lol...I too call them rats with bushy tails...nice pics...although I don't feed the rats..lol

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yup!
Bushytail rats!
I don't feed them either!
With all the oaks and other nut trees there is no need to feed them!
I do not like to encourage them because they can be destructive!

Flower4Yeshua

Super Moderator & vegemm
Staff member
a little funny side story...well I find it funny...when my grandson was born we had him with us for the first three years...I was walking with him every day ...5miles a day and every time i saw one i would say look a rat with a bushy tail...when he began to talk that was one of the first things he would say...would freek people out all the time...I would just laugh and laugh...any who...

Kya D

Darling pics Rosy
I like the RATS but we don't have them down this low so they don't cause probs

latebloomer

In the forest,the bushy tail is very terratorial. I only have to put up with the digging of one or two (and I name them). I usually will not feed them because of our abundance of acorns but I once had some oldish walnuts I put on a stump for "Rockette". In the morning the nuts were gone but placed exactly where they were was a mushroom! I guess she was returning the favor.

Randy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Sounds like they might have been carting supper home and found a better offer. LOL

rosy

I know it is mean but someone where I got my haircut They came and got the hair after the people were done They had a hate on for them I guess if you put human hair out for them they choke on it.I don't like them either as there is lots of acorns trees in our yard they seem to love the sunflowers seeds I should think of some way to to make them go elsewhere as today there was 6 out there the poor bluejays never had a chance. I had to let Homer out to sent them away he don't like them either. Maybe I will get some other type of feeder

Randy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Squirrels are highly intelligent animals and some squirrel-proof feeders aren't. One of my acquaintences bought one that is battery powered and if something as heavy as a squirrel gets on it, it twirls and throws them off.

Randy

Super Moderator
Staff member
They are. But I was a young lad the last time I had squirrel to eat. Now, if I even look cross-eyed at a squirrel, my granddaughters' expression would melt me.

Randy

Super Moderator
Staff member
LB, I messed up big time. We just got back from California last evening. We got back to Granite Bay from the south bay area on Sunday afternoon and on Monday I remembered we wanted to see if we could get together and chat. Our days were scheduled pretty tightly by my wife and I had no idea how to call you. But we left Granite Bay yesterday morning and arrived back home here in Oregon last evening. I will try and do better next time, but I don't know when that will be yet. It is more likely that we will take the train next time instead of driving too. But I will need some contact information before I head south again.

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
They are. But I was a young lad the last time I had squirrel to eat. Now, if I even look cross-eyed at a squirrel, my granddaughters' expression would melt me.

An image passed through my mind when you said they are!
Picture a roast squirrel stuffed with a walnut, hazelnut and almond stuffing!:eek:

Randy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Being from Oklahoma, Ron, the squirrels we ate were fried. My mother was a farm girl and roasting was something she learned once she was able to cook with gas instead of wood.

latebloomer

Randy,
no worries. That was the day my best bud had her angio and I wasn't home anyway. I DO understand that sometimes life just gets too hectic. For future reference, I've PM'd the info.

rosy

I know they are my hubby used to live trap them and take them to the forest they would come back though at least I thought they were the same one's but hard to tell there is lots out there and they fun to watch too I am going to get some peanuts for them and another feeder.for rhe the jays as the feeder I have now is open to all creatures.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com