Black iris

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

GardenBear1

My iris Before the storm is getting ready to open, with any luck it will open in the morning, it set buds last year but the dried up and fell off this year looks like its going to make it, or I'll cry, jump up and down roll on the ground in short have hissy fit:eek: its said to be one of the darkest iris around all most pure black we will see
I can't remember the name of the other flower, but I'm sure some one can, I hope

beforethestorm2.jpg

beforethestorm1.jpg

Mainegal

Super Moderator
Staff member
I lost my before the storm iris, they sure are dark, sure hope yours blooms
i think my sil has one.
the other bloom is a clematis

GardenBear1

Laure, I was hoping some one could give me the name of the flower I know its a clematis but all I can remember it has a woman name, I thank you for the help

GardenBear1

We have blooms

when I got up this morning the flower had opened, I think its time to find some more black iris, I really like the way it looks

B4theStorm.jpg

shadegarden2003.jpg

shadegarden2004.jpg

Kya D

Holy cats Bear that is so pretty I have a "superstition" that is nearly black too
Really like the dark iris

GardenBear1

Laurie, that's it thanks for the help, I'm making a tag for it and will hang it in the morning, thanks again for your help

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com