Blackberry & Candy Lilies

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

JenD

Smelly Melly, didn't I send you those seeds?! :eek: I may be wrong though, hard to remember! By the way, I can't find my camera, so I will have to try to get those pics for tomorrow if I can find it. I'm always losing everything!! Lol!

Maggie

I always thought the candy lily and blackberry lily were the same thing. I may be wrong but which ever one I have are about 6" tall now (my old ones that is). I have some smaller ones that are up where I threw some seed last year. I had forgot about them until I saw them yesterday.

I found this when I did a google search and apparently there is a difference between the blackberry and candy lily. From what I read mine are the blackberry.

Blackberry lily is a frost-tender bulb that needs to be dug up in the fall in Iowa to overwinter indoors. It will self seed, however, it can take 4-6 years to produce flowers from seed. The flowers of blackberry lily are very similar to a new hybrid flower called candy lily (Pardancanda norrisii), which is a cross between blackberry lily and Pardanthopsis dichotoma. The biggest difference between the two plants is that blackberry lily's flowers are larger and candy lily's flowers come in more color choices. If you are looking for an easy to grow bulb that will flower late in summer, blackberry lily can add a touch of the exotic to your garden.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com