Blueberry Cobbler

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Randy

Super Moderator
Staff member
6 cups frozen blueberries
3 cups sugar (divided)
2 cups flour
2 tsp baking powder
2 sticks (1 cup) butter, melted
1-1/2 cup milk

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat a casserole baking pan with cooking spray. In a large bowl, combine the blueberries and 1 cup of sugar. turn berries in the sugar until they are evenly coated. In a medium bowl, sift together the remaining sugar (2 cups), flour, and baking powder. In a large bowl, beat the butter and milk together until smooth. Gradually beat in the flour/sugar mixture until smooth. Pour batter into the casserole pan, then scatter the blueberries over the batter, letting them sink in without mixing. They will sink in while baking. Bake until the top is golden brown, about 1 hour. After cooling you can use some vanilla ice cream or whipped cream for topping, if desired.

Randy

Super Moderator
Staff member
The recipe above has 3 times the blueberries the original recipe called for and twice the other ingredients, so you can reduce the size for smaller families. The above recipe made a cobbler about 1-1/2" deep in a 9 x 12 casserole pan.

Maggie

Randy, that is the receipe I use in making cobblers. Sometimes I use the 1 cup of everything but mostly I use 2 cups. Its really easy to make and delicious to. A co-worker of mine gave me the receipe years ago. I made the blueberry last week and now am hungry for a peach cobbler.

Randy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Should work fine. My grandson told me a little while ago that he had some of the cobbler for a snack when he got home and it was the best he had ever tasted. Now, he may exaggerate a little, but he doesn't pass out compliments easily.

swindy

Randy I am going to have to try that Blueberry cobbler it sounds delicious. I love Bluberry Anything lol

Crabbergirl

Super Moderator
Staff member
Randy,
In case you forgot some of us are trying to diet here. LOL! ;) just kidding it sounds great. We have a Bluberry Festival in our oh so small town in June. They always sell the best berries. I have planted 4 blueberry bushes in the last year. Now if they just survived the horrible freezes we just had, I'll have a great recipe to use them in.

Randy

Super Moderator
Staff member
I had a small serving Sunday evening and my glucose level was 81 yesterday morning. I should have had some more. LOL One of the times I was dieting a long time ago, I wouldn't diet on Sunday. But I didn't throw all caution to the wind either. But that was also a time when I was, or seemed to be, hungry all the time. It was pretty discouraging. I would think those blueberry bushes would be okay down there though. We go through freezes here a lot and they come through okay.

Mainegal

Super Moderator
Staff member
Randy won't send me any cobbler over email. :mad:
He said i had to come out to get some, told him and MF last night on the phone that I will try to make plans for maybe next yr to come out again to visit them as I had such a wonderful time in 2007 with the whole family :D

Crabbergirl

Super Moderator
Staff member
I had a small serving Sunday evening and my glucose level was 81 yesterday morning. I should have had some more. LOL One of the times I was dieting a long time ago, I wouldn't diet on Sunday. But I didn't throw all caution to the wind either. But that was also a time when I was, or seemed to be, hungry all the time. It was pretty discouraging. I would think those blueberry bushes would be okay down there though. We go through freezes here a lot and they come through okay.

Thank you Randy. Both on the bushes and the diet. I think I blow it on the weeknds because I seem to eat more when I am with tim. As for all the tropicals I have in the ground I will have to wait and see. But glad to hear the Blueberries should be ok.

Dor

I have used a similar recipe to yours Randy using peaches. I have to cook some food Friday to tak to my ex-husbands family on Saturday. My daughter's eldest uncle's middle daughter 39 years old passed away last wednesday. I think I can triple the recipe and serve quite a few people. I will be taking baked turkey wings and cornbread dressing and a cake also.

Randy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Oh, I love that cornbread dressing. My wife used to make it but she uses the stuff out os a box now. Not the same.

Randy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Oh, Laurie, I haven't had any of the cobbler since I made it on Sunday. But Debe is going to stop by on Thursday with Phillip and we will have some together then. I need to pick up a little vanilla ice cream to top it with. Now, Crabber, I didn't say I was going to put ice cream on my cobbler. LOL

Flower4Yeshua

Super Moderator & vegemm
Staff member
Oh, Laurie, I haven't had any of the cobbler since I made it on Sunday. But Debe is going to stop by on Thursday with Phillip and we will have some together then. I need to pick up a little vanilla ice cream to top it with. Now, Crabber, I didn't say I was going to put ice cream on my cobbler. LOL

:D Now see why I am going th ewrong way in the weight...LOL...but loving it all the way...

Randy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Now, Deb, you, MF, and I can watch Phillip have ice cream on his cobbler. I saw Alec put together a couple of healthy servings today for himself and Fiona. He had a mound of whipped cream on them. But I don't use whipped cream or any of those things.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com