Bobcats

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Mainegal

Super Moderator
Staff member
My brother called me a bit ago and said he saw a bobcat in my yard. We went looking for it but all we saw were the tracks in the snow. Something has been getting into my recyle bin at night and thought it was too early for a coon and my mom had something under her bird feeder the other night. I'm betting it was the bobcat. She is going out to see if she can see the paw prints in the snow under her feeder and where it ran down the bank. Took my camera in case we saw it. I did see a robin in the field...... Spring is coming......

I didnt think we had any around but my brother said they are around.. Wished I had seen it. My parents are going to set a live trap to see if they can catch it and give it to the wild animal farm as my brother said it looked like it was limping

If it is hurt it is probably getting more brave and coming closer to homes because it can't kill food as easy as it can get it by the houses. OR maybe he was like the one at work that we watched for almost an hour cuz he was tracking a ferral cat in the park.
I have NEVER been so close to a Bobcat before, I could get within 5 feet of him and he didn't care that I was there.

Wow Kya, that's close. I was worried about it coming after us and my brother said it will be more scared of us. I really wanted to see it. My dad set a live trap in my yard tonight. I gave him some chicken to put in it and he also put a mole that they caught in it. We will see if there is anything in the trap in the morning. Will take a pic if it's in it.

Laurie I have never been so close and for such a long time as that day with that bobcat.
I was sooooo thrilled. I have seen several of them but usually just a flash of them.
I hope the live trap catches the cat and not a skunk.

I just looked and nothing in the trap.. If there is a skunk, I'll call the skunk man Randy to come take care of it for me as he has plenty of experience with them....

My live trap for skunks is made from opaque plastic, so the animal inside cannot see me. Otherwise, I would probably never deal with one without getting sprayed.

I have seen a couple bobcat's here but not up close.I see them crossing the highway.:)

I did see three bobcats in town.LOL bobtail housecat's,a black one,yellow,white with spot's.:)

years ago when we lived in Kansas my daughters cat mated with a bobcat. the kittens were a strange lot. some more bobcat than others.

OMGosh Lyn did you get them documented. I have never heard of that. How cool.
I checked out a few links but couldn't find the info that I wanted to find about it.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back