Brown spots on watermelon leaves :(

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Shadan

I’m extremely new to gardening and I just planted my watermelon seedlings.. they were doing fine until I transplanted them into a bigger pot.. I have one left that I haven’t transplanted and it has no brown spots, but the other three that I transplanted all got these brown spots and the leaves fell off.. I live in an extremely hot climate and high humidity but I read that watermelons love these conditions.. I suspect it might be burning but it doesn’t make sense that the one I didn’t transplant has no spots even though it’s in the same area. I would appreciate help of any kind.
0CAE589A-F9E3-430C-916D-0552CDDBC720.jpeg
D4518142-3E38-4B02-93BD-27E2FB41F1C6.jpeg

fishycomics

No Pro here at all, maybe its needs some water, or the leaf got damaged when touching, or watering, maybe not to water on the plant (a thought) posted a photo of mine

Attachments

• DJI_0937.JPG
    DJI_0937.JPG
    246.2 KB · Views: 162

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
This could be caused by a soil fungus which is splashed up from the soil when you watered the plant....
Did you use a soil that was sterilized?

Shadan

This could be caused by a soil fungus which is splashed up from the soil when you watered the plant....
Did you use a soil that was sterilized?

I’m not sure I just bought some bagged soil from our local grocery store.. it’s possible that it isn’t, I’m not really familiar with with which one’s are sterilized. Is this fungus problem treatable? If so, how may I treat it? Thank you so much for the help I’ll try to be more careful next time.

fishycomics

maybe there can be too much release of firtilizer I just watched a vid, with sites permission Epicgardening.com how -to -grow -watermelom

youtuube you can see the vid also just search for watermelon

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com