Brug blooms to new height

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

I did manage to get seeds from one of my brugs last year. I haven't tried brug seeds yet tho but may experiment. The cuttings usually work fine.

Dor, glad you have a few cuttings left for yourself!

Anybody have any Variegated Brugs, or know of any sources for them? I had to depart with my beloved one that I had in Ontario when we moved. It was big and lovely every summer. It was a tree form that I had given to me at work when they didn't sell. The flowers were a creamy white. I sure hated to give that one away, but it has a good home.

Logees may have a variegated one. I know that I've seen them and the foliage is really cool looking.

That's the link for the variegated one! It's on sale, too!

Yikes, it's only in a 2.5" pot. I really liked this one and may have to do some major garden center shopping (ah) before I find one that is worth buying. I should ask my old boss where she got them. Then I can track who carries their products near us.

OH MY GOSH! I am so Blonde!:eek:
I just found this thread again and i see i never replied to spiderlily and maggie!
Please Forgive me!
Spiderlily if you click my link to my garden website there are pics of my brugs there.
Thank You Maggie for your compliments! I have not collected seed from any of my brugs as I cut them back each year and have so many cuttings!

I am going to subscribe to this thread now so i do not miss anything y'all write!
LOL I am learning???:confused:

I've loved brugs since I was a kid. There was one that was at least two stories tall not far from where I lived on Maui. It was there for at least 40 years but last time I went home it was gone. At least I couldn't see it over the fence of the gated community anymore. I started my first brug from seed I got as a gift. I have no idea what color it is but I hope I don't have to wait five years to see it bloom. I fell in love with Daturas last year and have several different colors I've started from seed in the greenhouse and can't wait to see them bloom.

Hi Bernie,
Wow, what a nice story, and to think, brugs got you started.

Do you remember what color the blooms were some 40 years ago on that brug? Just wondering. Must have been a pretty sight!

That brug lived for at least fourty years and it seems like every time I went by it was covered with lovely white blooms. If you drove by in the evening you could smell them from in the car.
My first brug is only about 6" tall.

Awhhh Bernie. What a wonderful memory you have of seeing your first brugs some 40 years ago.

Hope your little one begins to grow taller for you!

<...> I have no idea what color it is but I hope I don't have to wait five years to see it bloom. I fell in love with Daturas last year and have several different colors I've started from seed in the greenhouse and can't wait to see them bloom.

I've never grown brugmansia from seed before, but I have grown datura, and mine bloomed from the first season.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back