Bush Bean Plant

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

KallieLashay

I have one bush bean plant that I have kinda abandoned..and just when I was about to pull it up it has two purple flower blooms so my sister convinced me to keep it. It is all ate up with some kind of insect but I am willing to give it a try.

I have a family of four..so how many plants do I need?

Crabbergirl

Super Moderator
Staff member
For just my husband and I , I plant about 30 then I add another 30 for loss due to pest. This ensures I have plenty. I freeze or can what is excess then in the winter I have a nice stash of semi fresh veggies.

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
I planted about the same number Nancie!
30 seeds~yellow wax, and 30 seeds~green!
It will be more then enough for the two of us!
They sure love this heat, the bushes are loaded with flowers!!
Should start picking next week!
Stir-fry, steamed with butter, bean soup, beef and bean stew....... I should be sick of string beans in a couple of weeks!
I think I might need some more recipes!

Crabbergirl

Super Moderator
Staff member
Ron,
I am preping for fall planting right now. The first thing I am planting is Dixie lee peas. I can't wait>

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
I don't have room for peas this year!
I'll be digging up more lawn to make the veggie garden larger this fall!
Once my beans are finished I'll let the butternut squash take over that area!

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com