Cactus

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Maggie

My Christmas cactus is blooming early this year.

Attachments

• cactus red 5.jpg
    cactus red 5.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 360

swindy

Wow Maggie that is 1 beautiful christmas cactus. How long have you had it? I have one that is about 5 or 6 years old and it didn't bloom last year but it now has buds all over it and should start opening up soon.

Mainegal

Super Moderator
Staff member
Mine does not have any blooms on it yet but hopefully it will.
Thanks for sharing

Flower4Yeshua

Super Moderator & vegemm
Staff member
WOW that is wonderful, I had to leave all mine...but did find three tiny plants at a plant sale a few weeks ago ...I hope I get atleast one bloom this year

Crabbergirl

Super Moderator
Staff member
Beautiful!
I have several and they have buds so it won't be too long before I get to see those flowers.

M

Mari-Jo

Mine just quit blooming..............it was a "little" early.

Yours is a beauty Maggie

Maggie

Thanks and this is the 4th year. My yellow and peach ones are full of buds. They had a few to open and then just fall off. Hopefully the new buds will go ahead and bloom like they're suppose to

GardenBear1

Maggie, what a nice looking plant and some really great blooms, all of my older ones bloomed early this year a few of the 1/2 yr old are just now setting buds with any luck I might get a few blooms

oremudpie

Maggie
I'm drooling with envy, I have two on my front porch and one is about ready to bloom.They seem to be dealing with our Oregon cool nights fine...
Thanks for sharing the pictures
Melanie aka oremudpie

Gloria

Super Moderator
Staff member
OMG, that is gorgeous Maggie. Is there any special plant food you use for it? My plant seems to be stunted.....yes, I said stunted..it's certainly not stunning!!

Mainegal

Super Moderator
Staff member
i just looked at mine and i have buds on it so it will be blooming soon
my poor cactus gets abused and it still blooms every yr for me

GardenBear1

I was going to post this the other day, it now has a real name White Christmas after 5 yrs I findly got the name from the seller :D

xmascactus009.jpg

Maggie

OMG, that is gorgeous Maggie. Is there any special plant food you use for it?
Nothing special, I fertilize a couple of times in the summer after I put them out on the porch. I leave them outside until the temps. get down in the 30's ( but before freezing) before I bring it in for the winter. It had already started to bud when I brought them in this year. That maybe why I lost some of the bud.

Flower4Yeshua

Super Moderator & vegemm
Staff member
Just beautifuk plants....I have never seen the white so full and huge...thanks you two for posting th epictres

swindy

garden bear that is such a beautiful white christmas catus. I also haven't seen a white one before.

GardenBear1

I'm with Maggie on the care of them. I put mine in the shade house in the summer and they stay there until the frist frost, with all the rain we had this summer they did very well in fact all but my yellow bloomed early this year.

K

Kale

Maggie it sure is!!!!!!! Wow isnt it beautiful!
Did you no you didn't.
I leave mine out until a really cold chill hits it then I bring it in and buds form.. Oh my! I cant find it I know I brought it in *LOL
Have to go locate my baby!*LOL

Beautiful blooms everyone!
Congratulations!

Kale:)

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com