caliper size

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

starfish11040

My town requires that trees planted near the curb have a caliper of at least 1 1/2". It's hard to find that caliper in a tree that's not expensive. And I need two.

I have found a nursery that sells 6-7 ft. autumn blaze maples which they say have a caliper between 1 and 1 1/2". Well, that's not quite good enough. They also sell Japanese zelkova with the same height. Will the zelkova have a little bit more of a caliper than the autumn blaze maple? (I sent an email to them with this question but have not yet received a response). The town limits me to certain tree choices, and both of these trees are acceptable.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com