Camellia

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Spider_Lily

A few Camellia's I have rooted this is the first year they have bloomed
They have not grown much.don't know the names.Hoping to transplant them soon then maybe they will have a growth spirt.:)

Attachments

• Flowers -10 001.JPG
    Flowers -10 001.JPG
    134.6 KB · Views: 304
  • Flowers -10 003.JPG
    Flowers -10 003.JPG
    134.8 KB · Views: 285

Gloria

Super Moderator
Staff member
Those are so pretty Spider. They sure are slow to grow but worth the wait. My pink one has just finished dropping the last of it's blooms. I like that they're ever-green bushes too. My next favorite ever-green is Gardenia..

Spider_Lily

Those are so pretty Spider. They sure are slow to grow but worth the wait. My pink one has just finished dropping the last of it's blooms. I like that they're ever-green bushes too. My next favorite ever-green is Gardenia..
Yes I love the Gardenia they smell so good late in the afternoon's and early morning's.And very easy to root them.

Attachments

• 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 316

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
...I can almost smell it.
Actually a memory of a gardenia years ago!
It's a fragrance you cannot forget!
Darn, another one I can't grow up here!!
Thanks Spider!

Kya D

I would LOVE to be able to grow any of those gorgeous plants...but alas here in the Big city we can't grow that kinda stuff

Spider_Lily

Kya you can have a Gardenia try a trailing Gardenia.
Trailing Gardenia reaches a height of 2 to 3 feet .plant is great in planter boxes or pots and makes a lovely border plant.Flower's are small about the size of a fiftycent piece.I have one it bloom's in a couple month's.

Attachments

• AAAAAmb2DxwAAAAAAECuoQ.jpg
    AAAAAmb2DxwAAAAAAECuoQ.jpg
    10.1 KB · Views: 299

Flower4Yeshua

Super Moderator & vegemm
Staff member
We have Huge camellia trees around the back of the house....they are one of the easiest plants i find to grow...we do pretty much nothing to them...add a little ash once a year and water through the summer a bit...i will get some pics this weekend...although most the blooms are gone now

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com