Chocolate Gravy

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

richnkim

I have been looking in my recipes and found some more to share. This one is so good! :D

Chocolate Gravy

2 cups sugar
1/3 cup flour
3 Tblsp. cocoa
pinch of salt
2 cups milk
1 tsp. vanilla
2 Tblsp. butter

Mix the dry ingredients together, pour in milk and whisk together until smooth. Bring the mixture to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. When gravy is thickened, remove from heat. Add vanilla and butter. Stir well. Serve over biscuits.

This is so good but sweet! I have made it with 1 cup sugar and 3/4 cup splenda. It works good!

I make something like that but no flour. I pour over left over biscuits and bake for a few minutes til the chocolate firms up.

My Mom used to tell me that her mom made sweet gravy but Mom couldn't remember what it was made of and I bet that is just what she was talking about.
Thank you

I remember eating chocolate gravy over biscuits back in the 50's and 60's but haven't had any for years. Thanks for posting the recipe. I had forgot how to make it.

Oh, Julie, I had a small piece of chocolate cake up in Seattle that was so good. I love chocolate too, but rarely indulge. I couldn't pass up that cake I saw in that buffet line though. I'm not a cake lover either. I have never heard of chocolate gravy either. It sounds delicious, but I doubt I will ever try it.

It is so good. It is sweet, and I only do it on special occassions. It taste kind of like warm rich pudding on biscuits. Once you try it you will see!

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back