Christmas Cookie Recipes to Share

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

sunflower3

Here are a couple of the recipes I make each year, I will list a few each day, please feel free to share your recipes also, as I always can use new one and Im sure others would like them too.

Festive Peanut Kisses
3/4 cup peanut butter
½ cup Crisco
1/3 cup white sugar
1/3 cup brown sugar
1 egg
2 TBLSP milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 ½ cup flour
½ teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup sugar for rolling cookie in
1- 9oz pkg. kisses or other small cho. Candy

Preheat oven 375* Cream peanut butter & Crisco, blend in both sugars, add egg, milk and vanilla, mix well. Add flour, salt, baking soda, mix thoroughly. Form dough into 1 inch balls, roll in the 1 cup sugar, place on ungreased cookie sheets bake 10 minutes, Immediately place unwrapped candy in center of cookie, press down until cookie cracks let set till candy is hard again, make 48 cookies.

Peanut Butter Logs
2 sticks of butter, room temperature
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup creamy peanut butter
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups flour
¼ teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
Filling for cookies
½ cup crunchy peanut butter
2 TABLSP butter softened
¼ cup sugar

Cream butter & peanut butter and sugar, add egg & vanilla. Add flour, salt, baking soda, mix well,cover and chill 30 minutes. While dough gets cold mix the filling, cream butter & peanut butter, add sugar to it. Roll out dough and cut out with round cookie cutter, place ½ teaspoon filling on cookie and place another cookie on top, press edges together, place on cookie sheet and bake 350* for 10 minutes, makes 30 cookies.

Flower4Yeshua

Super Moderator & vegemm
Staff member
Well, great minds must think alike...I was just coming on the start a thread just like this...I love to try new cookies, that people make each year for their Christmas....along with the old family ones each year...

Kya D

My family all love Lemon Bars they are so easy and good

Lemon Bars
1 cup flour
1/2 cup butter
1/4 cup powdered sugar
2 eggs
1 cup granulated sugar
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
2 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
dash of salt

Directions
Blend flour, butter and powdered sugar with fingertips until well mixed. Pat evenly into the bottom of an 8x8 inch baking pan. Bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees. Meanwhile beat together: eggs, granulated sugar, baking powder, fresh lemon juice and a dash of salt. Pour over baked crust and return to oven for 20-25 minutes at same temperature. Cool on rack. Cut into squares. Sprinkle with soft powdered sugar.

sunflower3

A few more recipes.

Peanut butter bars
1 pkg of chocolate chips 6 oz.
½ cup butter
2/3 cup peanut butter
1 cup brown sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 ½ cups flour
½ teaspoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon salt
1 ½ cups quick oats
Grease and flour 9x13 pan. In a bowl cream- butter, peanut butter, sugar, egg & vanilla.Add flour, soda, salt, mix well. Add the oats mix again. Press ¾ of the mixture in the 9x13 pan. Melt the chocolate chips, spread over the dough in pan, crumble remaining dough over the cho.chips bake at 350* 20 minutes.

Neiman Marcus Cookies

2 cups butter softened
4 cups flour
2 tsp. baking soda
2 cups sugar
5 cups oatmeal blended
24 oz chocolate chips
2 cups brown sugar
1 tsp. salt
1-8oz Hershey bar grated
4 eggs
2 tsp. baking powder
2 tsp. vanilla
3 cups chopped nuts
Measure the oatmeal and blend in blender to a fine powder. Cream butter and both sugars, add eggs, vanilla. Mix well. Add in flour, oatmeal, soda, bake powder, mix again and add nuts, candy bar and cho. Chips. Drop on cookie sheets and press down slightly with fingers, bake 375* 10 minutes, makes 112 cookies.

lynpenny

Super Moderator
Staff member
This thread is not good for me. Not only will I gain weight but the old blood sugar will go through the roof. I do bake every year and then give it away.

Randy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Lyn, I bake some cookies too, and then I will eat one. Doesn't seem fair, but that's what I have to do. LOL I need to bake some to take to the bank, the post office and the fire department.

Kya D

Oh Randy I'm not sure I could bake em and not eat em.
I really do like to cook/ bake AND eat

sunflower3

Done baking cookies for my cookie boxes finally. made 12 boxes, 3 went out the door today, a couple of neighbors each get a box and a box for hubby to take to work.

Attachments

• all pictures 379.jpg
    all pictures 379.jpg
    158.3 KB · Views: 331

Randy

Super Moderator
Staff member
My wife gets the bug some years and cranks out delicious cookies. But it doesn't happen every year and it's probably just as well. But not counting the kids, there are 3 cookie makers in the house anyway. It's not like we are deprived. LOL

Randy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Monster Cookies

This is what happens when you watch the Food Network while exercising on the treadmill. I saw Paula Deen do these cookies on her show. I don't know why they are called monster cookies though. Because of the grandkids here, I usually do a double batch whenever I bake cookies. But as you can see from this platter, one recipe would have been plenty.

Attachments

• DCP_0478a.JPG
    DCP_0478a.JPG
    35.3 KB · Views: 319

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com