Cinnamon Rolls

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Randy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Cinnamon Rolls

5 cups all-purpose flour (5 to 5 1/2 cups)
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 packages rapid rising yeast
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup milk
3/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
2 eggs
1 1/2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
1 1/2 cups raisins
1 ½ cups chopped pecans or filberts

Frosting

1 cup sifted powdered sugar
5 teaspoons milk
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract

Directions:

1. In large bowl, combine 2 cups flour, 1/2 cup sugar, undissolved yeast and salt. Heat water, milk and 1/2 cup butter until very warm (120 to 130ºF). Stir into dry ingredients. Stir in eggs and enough remaining flour to make soft dough. Knead on lightly floured surface until smooth and elastic, about 4 to 6 minutes. Cover; let rest 10 minutes.

2. On lightly floured surface, roll dough to 22- × 10-inch rectangle. Melt remaining 1/4 cup butter; brush on dough. Sprinkle evenly with remaining 1 cup sugar, cinnamon and raisins. Roll up tightly from long side. Pinch seam to seal; cut roll into 15 equal pieces. Place, cut sides up, in greased 13- × 9- inch baking pan. Cover; let rise in warm, draft-free place until doubled in size, about 30 to 60 minutes.

3. Bake at 375ºF for 30 to 35 minutes or until done. Remove from pan and cool on wire racks. Drizzle with frosting.

Directions for frosting:

In small bowl, combine sifted powdered sugar, 4 to 5 teaspoons milk and vanilla extract. Stir until smooth.

Randy my favorite way to cut cinnamon rolls is with a thread. Even with raisins it cuts pretty well.

Ok I have printed both recipes out. I sure wish I didn't have anything to do today and tomorrow. I will get them done next week.

I got files copied last evening onto a CD, Miss Dorothy. It has the treatise my brother wrote about taking care of your starter along with a bunch of soudough recipes. There is a small plastic bag taped to the CD container that has a number of the 'flakes' in it. When you want to start your own starter, use one of the flakes in a bowl or cup with some water and a bit of flour. I usually start with a cup and a tablespoon or two of flour with some water. I keep it fairly fluid so when bubbles start to form, they will pop instead of bubbling over. It will take a few days for it to start to work, but it will. Once you get it to working, you can go to a larger container (bowl) and increase the amount of starter that you have. I store my starter in the refrigerator in a container that allows for expansion. Gasses (carbon dioxide) forms and has to be able to vent from the container. BTW, I'll be making some of the cinnamon rolls today to help feed hungry students. LOL

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back