Citrus trees

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

GPM

I have 3 citrus trees (dwarf) that have struggled ever since I got them. Recently I re-potted them in a composted cow manure/peat mix. The leaves are still yellowish green and growth is sluggish. I'll fertilize them every 3 weeks in summer (placed outdoors) with 10-10-10 or such. Do these citrus need acid soil ?

The 3 citrus trees are as follows:

Lemon tree bush
Lime tree bush
Orange tree bush

GPM

Photos of my dilemma .....

Attachments

• CitrusLemon.jpg
    CitrusLemon.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 337
  • CitrusLimeOrange.jpg
    CitrusLimeOrange.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 343

Flower4Yeshua

Super Moderator & vegemm
Staff member
I think you may be over fertilizing...I have never grown in pots ...but when in CA, I have several citus trees...In the fall and spring I would use a 5 gallon bucket of compost tea to feed each plant and always had wonderful fruit..

GPM

I just re-potted both of them. Would I be able to wash some nutrients out by thoroughly watering them ?

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com