Coconut turnovers

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Bernie

I love these. In Hawaii you can find these and apple turnovers anywhere that sells donuts. I sometimes cheat and use store bought pie crust or puff pastry for the shell. The recipe calls for fresh coconut but since I moved to WA and don’t have coconuts on my doorstep any more I use the packaged stuff and it's delicious.

COCONUT TURNOVERS

2 C Flour 1/2 C Butter
3/4 Tsp Salt 1 C Sugar
2/3 C Shortening 1/4 C Water ice cold
3 C Fresh Grated Coconut

1) Sift together salt and flour.
2) Cut in shortening.
3) Add water slowly (make a stiff paste).
4) Roll out on floured surface to about 1/8" thick.
5) Cut 4" circles.
6) Cream together sugar and butter.
7) Add coconut and mix well.
8) Place 2 Tbsp of mixture in the center of each circle.
9) Fold pastry in half and pinch edges.
10) Bake for 30 to 40 min in 375 oven.

Yum thanks Bernie! Coconuts are only 50c here at the moment...gives me an added incentive to try your recipe out....

Now this sounds like it could be addictive some too! Gotta give it a go and see if I was correct. Thanks for posting/sharing,I think!!:p

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back