Columbine

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Melissa

My columbine have really put on a show this year. It is just about done and I am collecting seed . Since my columbine is all planted together, am collecting it all together and labeling it as mixed. Will have some for the round robin. Columbine is my favorite perennial. Most of these I wintersowed the last few years. Its fun to see what the seeds will be with all the cross pollination.

SAM_0419FB.jpg

SAM_0467.jpg

SAM_0469.jpg

SAM_0489FB.jpg

Spider_Lily

I love your columbine each and everyone is so unique.I love different it will be interesting to see what you have next Spring.With the cross pollinated seed.Their just happy little flower's.:)

Melissa

Thanks Spiderlily!! I have a ton of new coming up that will bloom next year...I am afraid this garden with be completely full next year. This garden is partially shaded. I have a few out back in full sun and they do fine also. I put in three new gardens yesterday in full sun. So far I have three new coneflower and a couple garden phlox planted in them...I bet they also get filled with columbine. Will just have to be careful not to plant the few that require shade there. Do you have columbine?

Dor

They are all beautiful Smelly. I have some seeds but never planted them. I think I will now.

Spider_Lily

Thanks Spiderlily!! I have a ton of new coming up that will bloom next year...I am afraid this garden with be completely full next year. This garden is partially shaded. I have a few out back in full sun and they do fine also. I put in three new gardens yesterday in full sun. So far I have three new coneflower and a couple garden phlox planted in them...I bet they also get filled with columbine. Will just have to be careful not to plant the few that require shade there. Do you have columbine?

Do they reseed themselves?Or do they live through the winter and come back in the Spring.No I have never seen any Columbine until you started sharing all your beautiful picture's.

Melissa

Both!!! You get your original plant back plus new plants from any seed you drop...of course I always drop a bunch when collecting it. We really need to fix you columbineless yard :)

Kya D

OMGosh Mel those are gorgeous
I love the barlows type and the ones that look like petticoats and bonnets

Crabbergirl

Super Moderator
Staff member
Wow Mel. Are there any you don't have? They are beautiful. I love them too. I only have a red one and finally a baby. Yours are just beautiful!

Maggie

WOW Mel, I have never seen so many different colors. They are gorgeous. Its hard to say which ones are the prettiest. I am partial to red tho. but I love them all.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com