Companion Planting?

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

K

Kale

Kya,
Thanks for the link , don't want to hurt you but ....but unfortunately ...
One should be extremely careful....
I saw some misguided info!!!!!!!!!!!
Some I would GREATLY WARN ..AGAINST Even thinking about !

** Dont have time now, but will explain as soon as I have much time to write.

Sincerely,
Kale

Randy

Super Moderator
Staff member
The only companion planting that I have done was planting pumpkins in the corn patch. I grew those for Scarez down south of us. She pops in here once in awhile.

myfedora

Asparagus and Rhubarb

Now my asparagus and rhubarb are planted next to each other. My rhubarb grew great last year. I had so much I was giving it away! All from one plant. My mom came down and got enough from the first picking to make 5 pies. Plus she came down again and made me some rhubarb dumplins. I gave some to my neighbor because he liked to eat it raw. I couldn't believe that I got so much from one plant. Now this year I am expecting to get a lot more out of my asparagus. Will be 3 years now it has been planted. I let it go to seed every year. So hopefully I will get some to eat this year!

Randy

Super Moderator
Staff member
I never had any luck with asparagus, but I am sure it was just my ignorance. I think I could do it all right now, but I don't have a place I would like to dedicate just for the asparagus.

Mainegal

Super Moderator
Staff member
I never had any luck with asparagus, but I am sure it was just my ignorance. I think I could do it all right now, but I don't have a place I would like to dedicate just for the asparagus.

Same here Randy, my mom and I both have tried growing it with no luck. It's still growing at my grammie's house but the renters like it so I think my brother lets them cut it.

Kya D

I grow asparagus every spring and it grows wild by the ditch banks here. I love fresh asparagus

richnkim

I love asparagus, too! My dad grew some when I was young and if I remember right it does better the second and third years, and it spreads. I wish that I could grow it here.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com