Container Gardening...

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Bluewolf

I am "THINKING" about trying a couple of container gardens

but I don't know much about annuals and not sure if I want to plant bulbs
cuz I already have 6 huge pots I gotta haul in/out every year

plus I have no more monies to buy anything else save maybe a seed pack or two

What is a good annual seed for a beginner?
I only try to grow perrinnials from seed..

How hard is it to maintain a pot garden

I was thinking about using my half wine barrel but it is in shade

For color, Geraniums and Begonias make for good pot plants and bloom late into the fall. There's loads of annuals but those are my 2 favorites.

I've done petunias, marigolds, mums, and I have another sweet potato in a container on my deck again. I like marigolds or zinnias if planting seeds. They come up well and grow in containers nicely. Good luck. I also keep spearmint and peppermint in containers. better than in the garden.

I prefer containers for flowers because they are hard for me to grow. So I use small pots that I can bring into the greenhouse.

i likr zinnas myself ,its and old tiem favorite,and they last so long if u keep deadheading them,they will bloom until frost get them,

Thanks for that info jbaby...I just planted some zinnias so hopefully they will produce well. I also planted marigolds, red salvia, cosmos and nastriums.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back