Containers & Potting Plants!

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

DizzyDaff

When potting or re-potting plants, place a coffee filter in the bottom of the pot before adding anything else. This will allow excess water to still flow out, but will help keep your good soil in the pot where it belongs.
They are cheap, plentiful and a great addition.

Good ideas! Wish I would have thought of it when I was potting up my dahlias. My first job at the age of 16 was working for an elderly couple on their "private estate". The Mrs. would always put old nylons over the hole, they wouldn't break down either. I still remember that job like it was yesterday, even though it was over 30 years ago. I learned a lot of things that I still carry with me today there. The Mr. was the retired director of DuPont experimental station in Wilmington, DE. There were a kind old couple, and very horticultural.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back