Coping With Life's Changes

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

lynpenny

Super Moderator
Staff member
To make life better my oldest granddaughter got married on May 11. She is going to have a little girl in Oct. That makes me a "Great" Grandma. Moving up in this world. lol

smiley_face2

Congratulations again Lyn!! I am a great grandma too.....NOT because I actually am, oldest grand child is only 8 but my grandsone calls me great gramma, because I am a great gramma...lol... his other gramma is called crazy gramma.... her choice not anyone elses!!

lynpenny

Super Moderator
Staff member
Congratulations again Lyn!! I am a great grandma too.....NOT because I actually am, oldest grand child is only 8 but my grandsone calls me great gramma, because I am a great gramma...lol... his other gramma is called crazy gramma.... her choice not anyone elses!!

My grands don't call me great but they do call me. My son on the other hand started calling me "the crazy old woman" while he was in high school. I hope he will drop that some day lol. It would be better to be called great than crazy. one of my grands used to call me the other momma. We were really close til she became a teenager.

Maggie

Sorry I haven't been on lately but my computer went out and I just got it replaced today. Here is an update on Buford.
Buford had a ct scan the last of April and found that the cancer has returned in the same area and has spread to the right side of his neck. He had a biospy in May and started chemo in June. He had another ct scan tuesday to see if there was any change. The Dr. talked to us thursday and said there wasn't any change but they are going to compare them with the scan he had in April to see if there is a change from that one. It will take a week to 10 days. While he was taking his treatment the Dr. came out and talked to us again. He said Buford was being treated for advanced metastatis and they were buying time with the chemo. When Buford first started chemo he would feel really good for a day and a half and then get sick again but now he stays sick all the time. Maybe we will know something thursday.

smiley_face2

I will continue to pray for both of you. I so hope they can find some medication to both stop the cancer and make him feel better. I am sorry you are going through this Maggie, as I said before, with my cancer, the only way it could have been worse, was by it being my husband or other family member instead.

Mainegal

Super Moderator
Staff member
Maggie,you and Buford have been in my prayers and will continue to pray for you both.
I have never tried this but I know ppl talk about it and Peggy from KY that used to be on. I think her
name was prettylady on here posted on FB about vinegar and honey I think it was and she said she
told a friend that had bladder cancer to start taking it and the next time they went to the drs , it was gone
not sure if this is something that you want to look into. I will try to find the post from her and I know Crabbergirl
said something about it too

Mainegal

Super Moderator
Staff member
Maggie
I found the post and thought I would post it here for you to read...
A friend posted this on her wallso I copied and pasted it. Thanks Peggy McIntire Gaddis for posting this as it's good to know and I trust your info.....

Cancer grows in an acidic body. It can not grow in an alkaline body. Apple cider vinegar alkalines the body also. I had my friend who had bladder cancer to start the apple cider. He had already done 3 rounds of chemo and getting ready to do round 4. Within the 2 weeks he started his cancer doctor told him.. I don't know what your doing John but there is no sign you have ever had cancer.
Like · · Promote · Share

Kim McDonald, Roe Paradiso Cessna, Nancie Urban Zimmerman and 4 others like this.

Nancie Urban Zimmerman I try to use 2tbs apple cider vinegar with 2tbs honey or agave nectar in acupuncture of warm water first thiing in the morning. My neighbor taught me that
July 19 at 3:03pm via mobile · Like
Peggy McIntire Gaddis I use 2 tb acv to 1 tsp honey... Been taking it since 1988
July 19 at 8:44pm · Unlike · 1
Roe Paradiso Cessna I totally agree. Thats why I have now changed all my eating habits . Go Organic, from produce to meat to dairy . It'll pay off in the end
July 19 at 10:39pm · Like
Roe Paradiso Cessna I also bought a Juicer and now juice once a day, all fresh vegies and fruits. Does the body good
July 19 at 10:40pm · Like

Maggie

Thank you Janet and Laurie.

I remember Peggy, she sent me some raspberry bushs several years ago.
Laurie I will start him on the apple cider vinegar and honey. I have both. I will give it to him through his feeding tube because he can't swallow. Thanks for the receipe.

Kya D

Maggie my heart is with you both. I will keep you both in my prayers and pray that God will stay with you during this tough time.

Maggie

Buford went for his chemo treament today but the Dr. couldn't give it because he has a severe infection at the tumor site. He's on antibotics now. The Dr. called me later and said he will give the chemo next week and add another drug to what he taking now. He said the side effect is a bad rash on the face but that is what we want to see because it will mean the drug is working. He told us the name but I can't pronouce it or spell it either. We'll see what happens next week.

Maggie

Buford had a ultra scan biospy wednesday and on thursday the Dr. told us that the chemo wasn't helping that the cancer is spreading and they are stopping it. I had found another knot on his throat just above his adams apple on sunday. I told the Dr. that was doing the biospy and he did a ultra scan on it to. It was about the size of a pea but by thursday it had grown to about the size of a dime. The oncologlist said it was a tumor to. Bufords left eye is swelled and very painful and he has bad headaches so tomorrow he is having a MRI of his brain to see if it has spread there. His oncologist said he would meet with a panel of Drs. to discuss a new drug. Maybe we'll know more thursday. It seems like every time he goes to the Dr. he gives us bad news.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com