Coreopsis breaking dormancy

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

john stevens

Hi. Here in southern PA. All my perennials have broken dormancy except my coreopsis butter rum. Planted last spring in a sunny location and they did well. Are they late to break dormancy? or have I lost all 12 quarts? Thanks

Coreopsis tend to be short lived if the the soil is too wet for too long....they prefer well drained soils.
Scratch the soil away from the crown of the plants to see if they rotted over winter

Hello! It's possible that your coreopsis butter rum is just late to break dormancy. Some plants may take longer than others to start growing again after winter, especially if they experienced a particularly cold or harsh winter. Additionally, weather conditions and soil moisture can also affect when plants break dormancy. It's like one of the guesses.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back