Country Funeral

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Spider_Lily

I saw this in a flyer from a local church thought you would like it.
Country Funeral
As a young minister in Kentucky I was ask by a funeral director to hold a graveside service for a homeless man,who had no family or friend's.The funeral was held at a new cemetery back in the country,and this man would be the first to be buried there.
I was not familiar with the backwood's area,and I soon became lost and finally arrived an hour late.
I saw the backhoe and the open grave,but the hearse was no where in site.The digging crew was eating lunch.Iapologized to the worker's for my tardiness,and stepped to the side of the poen grave.There I saw the vault lid already in place.I assured the worker's I would not hold them up for long,as I told them that this would be the proper thing to do.
The worker's gathered around the grave and stood silently,as I began to pour out of my heart and soul.As I preached the worker's became excited and began to say Amen" their fervor truly inspired me.So I preached and preached like I had never preached before,all the way from Genesis to Revelation.
I finally closed the lenghty service with a prayer,thanked the men and walked to my car.As I was opening the door and taking off my coat,I heard one of the worker's say to the other'
I ain't never seen nothin like that before,and I've been puttin in septic tank's for thirty year's.

Unknowm Author

Crabbergirl

Super Moderator
Staff member
LOL!!!!! I love it! AMEN! Maybe someone should have bless mine, then I would be trying to heal it all the time!

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com