Cream Cheese Pie

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Dor

Cream Cheese Pie

8 oz package cream cheese, softened
1 can condensed milk
1/4 cup lemon juice
1 graham cracker crust
8 oz package cool whip, thawed
1 tsp vanilla extract

Whip the cream cheese for a minute until fluffy. Mix in lemon juice and condensed milk. Add vanilla extract. Pour into crust. Top with cool whip and freeze for 30 minutes or until ready to serve.

I think I burned my family out on these so we don't make them very often anymore.

Randy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Miss Dorothy, I think the recipe I got similar to that was from Gloria. But I make a blueberry topping to go on it. I made a couple of desserts today, one was a blueberry cobbler and the other was that pistachio pudding dessert. I made a triple recipe as we are having about 20 people here tomorrow afternoon.

Mainegal

Super Moderator
Staff member
make it 22, i'm on my way too but will have to bring Randy some of what we are having for dinner today before I can have his dessert....

Randy

Super Moderator
Staff member
You're looking for another RW award, aren't you, sweetie? LOL Both of you would be very welcome at our table. BTW, Laurie sent me some lobster meat one time and it was greatly appreciated.

Dor

Miss Dorothy, I think the recipe I got similar to that was from Gloria. But I make a blueberry topping to go on it. I made a couple of desserts today, one was a blueberry cobbler and the other was that pistachio pudding dessert. I made a triple recipe as we are having about 20 people here tomorrow afternoon.

Randy, I think I got this one from a lady at work many many years ago and it was on the eagle brand condensed milk with the comstock cherries for topping. My kids didn't like the cherries but loves the whipped topping and the frozen pie. My younger sisters and brothers did too. My sibling still make it but my children have gotten enough of it. I still make it from time to time. I might try it with the blueberries to change it up, they might like it that way.

Randy

Super Moderator
Staff member
I haven't made one for over a year, but my family really loved them. I made that blueberry cobbler for today, but it wasn't as tasty as the last one I made. Most of it is gone though.

swindy

Dor I am so glad you posted this recipe. I use to make it all the time but lost the recipe. I would put either the cherries or blueberries on it. I am going to have to make it again.

Randy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Has anyone ever tried this recipe with key lime juice? Just wondering if was any good?

I just saw that on the food network today when I was on the treadmill. It sure looked simple enough. I made a couple of lemon meringue pies last week and my wife and daughter were the only ones besides myself that had any of it. The girls were still away at school though, so they don't count. I did take one of them over to the fire department though and that one didn't last long.

Randy

Super Moderator
Staff member
If you ever make it out to this part of the world, I will be happy to bake you a pie. I forgot to mention that I baked a double batch of the oatmeals cookies that somebody posted in the 'Recipes' thread some time back. That's the one that had the white sugar substituted by Splenda. I had completely filled a large cookie container, but once the girls came home from college, that bunch of cookies disappeared in a day. They had some help from friends, but that's still a lot of cookies to go through.

Gloria

Super Moderator
Staff member

Yep, that's the recipe I use but no cool whip. I use any fruit pie filling on top such as blueberry, cherry, etc. but next time I'll try topping it off with cool whip too..sounds really GOOOOD!

Randy

Super Moderator
Staff member
I still have lots of blueberries, so I lean toward them. I saw a dessert in the newspaper when we were in California and I wanted to try it on the folks here. I may have already mentioned it though. It was made using those Hostess shortcake cups. I'm sure I mentioned the strawberries, because Kim earned an RW award with her response. LOL But I made some of those using the vanilla pudding on the shortcakes and then putting a handfull of blueberries over the pudding.

Dor

I think I will make it for myself and my daughter at mother's day. I haven't made it in a long, long time. I will use stawberries and the coolwhip.

richnkim

I'm off of work tomorrow so far. I think I might make one tomorrow.

Randy, I am so glad you use the Oatmeal cookie recipe. BTW, I had some of those California Strawberries this weekend. They were extra yummy!! :) Post the recipes you were talking about, please. Since you found it it CA it has to be good!!! :)

Randy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Kim, you are making me laugh. What I saw was a picture and I did read the explanation, but when I went back through the papers, I could not find it again. I just went with what I remembered though. The dessert used those Hostess strawberry shortcake cups that come 4 in a package. Then you mix a box of Jello instant vanilla pudding and after letting it set, you put two or three tablespoons of pudding in each of those shortcake cups. My blueberries are all frozen, so I just put about a quarter or third of a cup of berries on the top and it's done. It is so simple but sure is good. I have another box of the vanilla pudding and I'm thinking that would be a good dessert for Mother's Day. I'm going to try and get the granddaughters to help me fix dinner for the mothers of the house on Sunday. In a way, it's kind of selfish. I would like the opportunity to have the two girls in the kitchen with me. I think it would be fun for them too though. Neither one of them knows how to cook.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com