creeping charlie

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

This is such a fun thread. People thought my old boss and I were nuts when we called everything by its Latin name. It just makes it so much easier. Whenever we get annoying phone calls from Lawn care companies hubby tells me spew out some Latin! It is a tough thing to learn when you don't know how to pronounce any of it, and I am sure that there are many different pronunciations of everything.

Its a lot of fun searching and finding out new names of plants and such. Things like the creeping charlie certainly posed a challenge do to its look alike outdoor friend..lol
I cant wait for it to get here I will post pics soon as it does.:D

RR

Hey, RR. I am so sorry that she did that. I just found a creeping charlie plant at the 99-cent store here. PM me and I will send one to you. Kim

Kim I got your box today! Thank you so very much dear for your efforts...unfortunatly this is the creeping charlie/sweedish ivy plant..it is the outdoor creeping charlie Nepeta hederacea. The one I am looking for is the indoor creeping charlie Pilea nummulariifolia. They are 2 totally differant plants though they do look simular and are very easy to get mixed up.

I am greatful to you dear for your effort and will keep this plant in a pot were it can not take over the yard..lol

Also thank you so very much for the wonderful seeds you sent me as an extra bonus, I just love them and cant wait to get them planted!

love and hugs to you my sister and friend,
RR

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back